Old April 17th 21, 09:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Example of how people get scammed on Ebay

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman:
The listings has ended, you have to click "see original item" to
go to the listing. Here are the URLs to each original page:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camera-Niko...MP-Mirrorless-

/144004765849?
_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc &orig_cvip=true

Seller: chrita_1686
Location: San Luis, Mexico

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Z6-24...ra-Black-Body-

Only-
/284255178583?
_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc &orig_cvip=true

Seller: robdan-8830
Location: Salvador, Brazil

Aah! Thank you. I'm glad to see you are still around and watching.

Well, more or less, some bug in parsing had made rpd unavailable to me a
while back so I removed it from my feed, and then I wondered why there
weren't any new posts, so I fixed it

There is the problem. When I click on 'See the original item' I see
"The listing has ended".

The village idiot could have told me that but chose not to.

Once again, thank you.

No problem, Ebay is pretty stupid to show *another* similar listing when you
click on a listing that has ended, especially displaying it so prominently.
What it should do is show the top "the item has ended" info, and then smaller
links to similar items, not an entire listing, makes you think that's what
the link goes to.

--
Sandman