Old April 17th 21, 04:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Example of how people get scammed on Ebay

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

There is the problem. When I click on 'See the original item' I see
"The listing has ended".

and next to it is a big button, 'show original listing'.

Which produces

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Z6-24...-Body-Only-/28
4255178583?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt =true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

another clue is the description of the original item did not match the
listing you saw.

it's not complicated.

But you seem to have been unable to distinguish the difference between
"The listing you're looking for has ended." and what I wrote (as
above) "The listing has ended". Count the words. The two strings are
different. You weren't properly following what I wrote.

i'm not the one having trouble.

*you* are the one who is not following what ebay wrote, which is why
you failed to find the proper item and *still* don't understand how it
all works.

in addition to the 'the listing you're looking for has ended' text is
also a 'show original listing' button to the right, both of which are
*inside* a banner (another clue).

below that banner is large bold text that states 'we found something
similar' along with a similar item, plus a few more below that.

guess what all of that means.

after clicking on the original listing button, which you eventually
claimed to have done, the text at the top will change to say the
listing has ended because you're now looking at a *different* listing,
in this case, the original listing which already ended and is no longer
accepting bids.

yet another clue is that the original listing shows the location of the
seller as the same as the location mentioned in the original post here.

it's not complicated.

once again you screwed up and are blaming everything other than
yourself, what you normally do.