Old May 6th 18, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default No Nikonos But...

On 5/6/2018 5:59 PM, -hh wrote:

snip

FWIW, I’d like to stay with a housing like the Ikelite I have now, as I’ve found that their design makes
it straightforward for me to rebuild it on my own, as part of the trade-off with the old Nikons was that
some of its O-rings were not user-serviceable, whichmeant sending it out for annual service, which
in the last few years was running nearly $200 per service.

Do you mean the o rings on the Nikkonos, or the housing. In my diving
days, the O rings for the housing were easily replaceable. IIRC I would
coat them with a silicon based gel before every dive.

--
PeterN