Old September 15th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rol_Lei Nut

Default M9 - Full Frame - 18 Mpix - IR filter

On 2009-09-09 16:06:54 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0909/09090909leicam9.asp

Some day I am going to get me one of those. Seriously.

Right after the 200-400 VR, the 600 VR, and the second D3x body. Yep.

Sure, I would love the smaller body size, the light weight, the
selection of smaller lenses (even pancake lenses -- are you listening,
Nikon?), and just the coolness of having a Leica. But Leica does not
have the long lenses I need for much of my photography. Still....

The Leica R system had many absolutely world-class teles. They are still
preferred by many nature photographers.

Unfortunately, Leica in their great wisdom have terminated the system.

There are many R users waiting to see if Leica keeps their promise of
providing an "adequate" solution for using those lenses on a digital body...