Old March 2nd 10, 05:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

Default The new C-41 films..

Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-03-01 0:49 , wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

If you have a spot meter, meter the shadow detail for about -3 and
you'll be very safe.

What's a light meter?

However, critical placement of highlights on slide film does require a
spot meter for consistently usable results.

Thanks for a confusing response. :-) You say to meter the shadows in one
post, then talk about how critical metering the highlights are in the
next.. Then talk about how you don't use a meter. Guess that covers all
the bases..

Have you actually shot any of these films in my original post? It's not
like I have never shot film before and was asking for a basic primer on
how to use film here. I was asking for responses from someone who has
actually shot with either of these themselves, if what I have read about
the new ektar film is true etc.

Stephanie