Old March 21st 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Mr. Strat

Default Suggestions for entry level medium format camera please

In article
,
Tony wrote:

So much appreciated to get a detailed description. I will be able to
focus my search on the RB67 I had one in my hands about 12 months ago
which kind of planted the seed to get a medium format camera in the
first place. I also have a D100 which I bought when they were new and
expensive and was thinking about an upgrade at the time. I have since
gone back to film, stopped chasing the technology wave. I can still
remember holding the RB67 and thinking wow what a great machine and I
like the weight too. Still kicking myself and wanted to make sure that
it wasn't the only option in that area but I think it is very clear
what I really should get.

I used an RB in the studio for several years, and it stayed in the
studio on a camera stand. They're way too heavy to pack around. I'd
hate to have done a wedding with one.

I only had one lens...the soft-focus 150mm...an outstanding portrait
lens. Better get at least two backs though, they make 'em pretty cheap.