Old February 12th 07, 08:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Default Viewing angle of screen

Paul Allen wrote:
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:41:47 GMT
Sammy wrote:

Is there an inducstry standard for the angle at which I would view my
camera's LCD monitor screen in order to get the best image.

All LCD's look best when viewed straight-on, but some tolerate more
or less deviation from that. There is no industry standard for this.

(Then I would adjust that image appearance for contrast, brightness,
etc.)

The camera's LCD is probably the worst place to do this sort of
adjustment.

Paul Allen

Some LCDs still have rather narrow viewing angles on some planes. For
what it is worth, my cell phone display has a really lousy viewing angle
range.