Old January 16th 18, 04:41 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Susan Bugher

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

On 1/15/2018 8:28 PM, Mayayana wrote:
"Susan Bugher" wrote

| Thank you very much for your suggestions. 1) Posterrazor is a keeper
| 2) Rasterbator is second fiddle to Posterazor
| 3) Posterizia might work for some people
|

| I have to take issue with your assessment. IMO PosteRazor and Posteriza
| are both good and both are better than The Rasterbator.

I tried the first two. I see them as entirely different
programs. Posterazor simply enlarges the image and
sets it up for multi-page printing. Rasterbator is a
pointilizing program, like applying a filter. The points
can be various sizes and colors. It's not designed to
just make a large image. It's designed to make a
stylized, pointilistic poster.

Yahbut all three apps have these tasks in common: tell a printer the
segments of an image file you want it to print, what scale/size you want
the segments printed at and where you want them to be placed on the
printed pages. That's all PosteRazor does, The Rasterbator and Posteriza
add some bells and whiistles (those are optional extras in Posteriza.)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware (using WinXP-SP2, Win7professional-32 bit)
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.pricelesswarehome.org