Old April 4th 12, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

Default SHOOT-IN UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 22:12:32 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
wrote:
: Well folks, there will be some new changes here starting today.
: I have taken back control of the Shoot-In and Alan Browne has been
: fired for incompetence, as well as impotence.
: As you probably know, I was the one who originally started the Shoot-
: In under my Lisa Horton alias.
: "Lisa" quickly tired of it (actually, I tired of posting as her) so I
: took it over in my name. Then I built it up to spectacular heights
: and turned it over to a few ****ups who ran it into the ground. Well
: that all ends today.
:
: Alan Browne has proven that he isn't fit to run such a simple exercise
: so he is not only fired, but banned from all future mandates. Same
: goes for that previous penis wrinkle, Bowser. Also, I have taken on a
: new benefactor (we shall just call her "Ms. H") who promises to fund
: the entire endeavor, so special thanks to Ms. H for the $23 a year to
: Pbase. To show my thanks to her, I am incorporating her initial into
: the name so from this point forward the Shoot-In shall be known as the
: SHI.
:
: Also, my good friends Noons and Tony Polson have promised to not only
: contribute to the SHI, but will be judging it from this point
: forward. Who knows more about SHI than these guys? Both of them have
: keen eyes and are allegedly excellent photographers themselves, so
: their contributions will be welcome.
:
: A few changes to the format as well. From now on, all photos must
: contain proper EXIF data. The reason is because from now on, only
: photos shot with Canon cameras qualify for submission. So if you
: shoot with a Sony Mavica or a Nikon (oops, that's redundant) you need
: to sell that **** and get some real gear. We will allow off-brand,
: lower quality lenses like Sigma, however, so as not to offend the
: Australians. Of course, if you know how to fake the EXIF data, that
: works for me.
:
: Also, at least half of the mandates will be HDR shots. I'm talking
: true multiple-image HDR images, folks. I don't mean that godawful tone-
: mapped halo-infested **** that masquerades as HDR on some of the
: online photo groups. You've seen them ..... they look like something
: a drunken Professional Wedding Photographer from Brisbane would
: produce the first day he used Photomatix. No sir, only true HDR pics
: here and at least 9 exposures per shot are recommended.
:
: And none of that artsy-fartsy Black & White crap. I hate that ****!
: Henri Cartier-Bresson is dead .... get over it!
: Push that Saturation slider up to it's Rockwell setting and let's see
: some color, Rocha!
:
: Lastly, I am announcing the first mandate of the new SHI: "Bukkake"
:
: I know we have a lot of hidden talent in this group so I expect the
: quality of submissions to explode with this one. I really look
: forward to seeing what all you guys can cum up with. So let's start
: shooting tonight, everybody!
:
: -Annika ---- Totally Back in ****in Charge!!!

Thank God for the continuation of the Universe as we Know It. Today being
already the 3rd, I was seriously starting to wonder what the Hell had happened
to Bret's annual non-Papal Bull.

Bob