Old November 14th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Erie Patsellis

Default A New 8x10 Field-Camera.

John,
Interesting that you mention that, after our last conversation about this on
FL, I've been drawing a 4x5 solid body CF with a focusing helix, hope to
have it done by spring.

How are things up north these days?

Erie

On 11/1/08 11:23 AM, in article
, "John J"
wrote:

Keith Tapscott. wrote:
John J;763623 Wrote:
Keith Tapscott. wrote:-
http://www.walkercameras.com/XL_8x10.html-

Many of us can make the same more economically.Interesting comment, did you
make your own View-Camera?

I have made several cameras. The design of the 4x5 in-progress will
probably shock most people. At first glance most would not even see it
as a camera. Minimalist to the extreme, but functional for view work.
It will be of aluminum, not wood, because wood is not strong enough for
the frame.