Old December 17th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default New member - please help

On 19 Jan 2006 14:45:39 -0800, "Marie"
wrote:

Hi, I have a digital Rebel XT. Last weekend I took photos of my
daughters cheer team at a competition. I used the original lens most
of the time (35-70mm) with the external flash on slave mode. I had the
camera set on auto, however, most of the photos were still dark and /
or grainy. How do I get the crystal clear phtos? do I need to change
the settings to something else? The only thing I am planning to change
is to possibly switch to the sport mode. I would like to stop the high
flying action when the girls are in the air, but I am not sure how to
get the quality. Please help!!!!! what settings should I use? Do I
need to change settings when I change lenses? I also want to use the
70-300mm lens to get close ups when they are on the floor and I am in
the stands.

Marie

Can't really give much advise that hasn't already been given, except
maybe to look into faster lenses. I would look into the Tamron 28-75
F/2.8, it is lower priced then Canon's 2.8 lenese, but really close in
sharpness. Then maybe the 70-200 for the longer shots that you wanted
close ups of.