Old December 17th 05, 08:30 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm

Default Immaculate Nikon F2S Photomic for sale

Interesting - the weak spot on the Ftn was the resistor in the meter too. I
thought the F2S corrected that one.

"jav" wrote in message
. ..
I owned an F2Sb which I replaced with an F3 and F4S. The F2 series was
excellent, however the "Achilles heel" of the F2A and F2S was a variable
resistor in the meter head which frequently went bad over time.
Unfortunately
it is no longer made and is very difficult to find. So repairs on these
models
can be problematic. The F2Sb was an update of the F2S which did not use
that resistor.

35mm equipment in general has taken it on the chin regarding resale value.
My F4S is like new yet I probably couldn't get much more than $500 on the
used market because of the bottom falling out of the 35mm market. The
lenses will likely do better because most can be used with the Nikon
digital
SLR's.

"Kinetics" wrote in message
et...
Hello Everyone,

I have a F2S that has been in storage for decades! My question is, how do
find a value for the equipment? It takes awesome pictures and never has
been
touched by a technician! Cosmetics are excellent!

Nikon F2S Photomic
24mm f/2.8
43-86mm f/3.5 zoom
80-200mm f/4.5 zoom
MD-2 motor drive
MB-1 battery pak
MC-4 remote cord
MC-1 remote cord (50')
SunPak Auto 611 thyristor elec. flash unit (works)
SunPak Auto 322 thyristor elec, flash unit (works)
Misc. accessories

Thanks in advance,
Robert