Old September 14th 04, 04:19 PM
Gene Palmiter

Given the Fotokina situation everything is in flux...but....My list was
K14slr/n, (something else I forgot...oh....sigma...no wonder I forgot...its
not down the list....its off the list.) and the Fuji S3. The Fuji has moved
to the top of my list at this time. The color problems with Kodak knocked it
down the list. Quality comes in many flavors. Resolution is just one of
them. I am anxious to see if the expanded dynamic range expansion of the S3
works as well as they will be claiming.

"ENP" wrote in message
I am considering this camera for my DSLR. I currently own a Nikon
F100. My shooting style is deliberate in that I have always used slow
slide films for max resolution and lowest grain, along with a tripod.
I have heard some mixed reviews of this camera, so I would like to
hear from owners and see what they have to say. I am also considering
a D70 with the thought in mind that at some point when Nikon comes out
with a camera with more resolution, I would trade up. Of course when
a new DSL comes out the one you own just became a door stop as far as
trade in value goes. So the question I am struggling with is will the
PRO 14n fit my needs at least for a few years or do I go with a D70
with the knowledge that in a few years I will need to trade up. Would
love to hear from both D70 and Pro 14n users