Old September 14th 04, 04:02 PM
gsum

I use a D100 (very similar to the D70) and have been processing
and printing results from a friend's 14n. The 14n is excellent within
a couple of limitations - noise is not good at higher ISOs and, with some
lenses, there is a slight but variable colour cast from one side of the
frame to the other. At low ISOs, the 14n has less noise than the D100
at its base ISO of 200.

The resolution of the 14n is way beyond the D100 or D70. Comparing
the 14n to the D100 is similar to comparing MF with 35mm film.

I have been considering buying a 14n via Ebay but, as Nikon
will be releasing new models shortly, I have decided to wait.
The current Ebay price of a 14n is about 1500 to 1800 UK pounds.
Expect to pay about 1000 pounds or less when the new Nikons
are announced.

Graham

"ENP" wrote in message
I am considering this camera for my DSLR. I currently own a Nikon
F100. My shooting style is deliberate in that I have always used slow
slide films for max resolution and lowest grain, along with a tripod.
I have heard some mixed reviews of this camera, so I would like to
hear from owners and see what they have to say. I am also considering
a D70 with the thought in mind that at some point when Nikon comes out
with a camera with more resolution, I would trade up. Of course when
a new DSL comes out the one you own just became a door stop as far as
trade in value goes. So the question I am struggling with is will the
PRO 14n fit my needs at least for a few years or do I go with a D70
with the knowledge that in a few years I will need to trade up. Would
love to hear from both D70 and Pro 14n users