Old August 15th 04, 04:25 AM
Mike Jenkins

Default Photo lab washed out images... what can I do?

I used an underwater 35mm camera to take 3 rolls of film while snorkeling in
Florida. I took these to a lab and had a CD made. The prints were mediocre
but the CD image when run through photoshop are superb. I then used the
last two rolls of 35mm film from the same bulk purchase with the same camera
a week later while snorkeling in Hawaii. I sent these to a 24hour lab and
the prints AND the CD images were washed out. The visibility and sunlight
were higher in HI.

Since it was the same camera and film, I'm certain the labs did something
different.

Is there anything I can do to get the real color and depth from the second
batch of film? Did the labs ruin the negatives or simply the prints and CD
images? Can someone explain how this works to a film neophyte? I know I've
learned my lesson about cheap labs.

Thanks in advance.
Mike