Old April 8th 04, 02:27 AM
Pierre L

Camera is no longer for sale.
Pierre

"Pierre L" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
Correction: also includes Rolleifix quick-release tripod mount, in

excellent
condition. This is a pretty valuable accessory by itself!
Pete

"Pierre L" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
For sale:

Superb, virtually mint Rolleiflex TLR, MX-EVS Type 2 model, with Carl

Zeiss
Tessar 3.5/75mm lens, circa 1954. MX means that it's an Automat with M

and
flash sync and Type 2 means "exposure value system" which can be

completely
disabled by turning a button in the middle of the aperture dial (a Type

1
requires pressing a button in the middle of the aperture dial each

time).
The Type 2 of this model is highly-desirable for this reason, and this
particular one is even more desirable because it has the Tessar lens

rather
than the Schneider Xenar which some have.

Cosmetic condition:

Collector's condition. All leather is intact and unmarked, bright metal
parts look nice, and the whole camera looks like it was never really

used
during the past 50 years. Inside the chamber is flawless, and under the
viewfinder, the mirror chamber is very clean.

Functional condition:

Recent CLA (in December). Shutter speeds are accurate, focus is accurate

and
smooth, dials turn nicely, ASA/film indicator works (on focus knob),

film
transport works smoothly. self-timer works nicely. In short, everything
works as it should on this camera. The mirror is untarnished and pretty

much
like new, and the ground glass is also in good shape. Everything about

the
waist level finder is like new.

Lenses:

No cleaning marks or fungus. I can't see anything wrong with them, and

I'm
very picky. The taking lens, a Carl Zeiss Tessar 3.5/75mm definitely

passes
the "open shutter at Bulb, aperture at maximum and look through at a

light
source" test. The viewing lens is equally as clean.

I want to sell this as a package, which includes:

- Original brown leather case for this camera, with strap, in excellent
condition.
- Genuine rollei metal lens hood, bayonet 1, which installs with or

without
filters, in like new condition, with original leather case.
- Rolleisoft 0 filter with leather case, in original box, excellent
condition
- Rolleifilter Gelb-Hell (yellow, equivalent to #8 Yellow) in excellent
condition
- Rolleifilter Gelb-Mittel, in excellent condition
- Rollei Grun (green filter), in excellent condition

NO LENS CAP. I don't have the mirror lens cap for this camera.

This is not ebay junk! In the past few months, I was forced to sell off

all
of my stuff, including another excellent Rolleiflex and a like-new
Yashica-Mat. This one, I intended to keep for myself because it is in

such
pristine condition. However, I can't afford to be just a collector at

this
time due to permanent, serious illness and no disability insurance, so

it
must go too (otherwise, you can be sure I wouldn't be selling this

one!).
Make me a reasonable offer for this superb MX-EVS 2 with accessories.

I have a Paypal account, for your convenience.

Pete

Ottawa, Canada