Old April 19th 06, 11:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Need recommendation for a book on posing

Dave wrote:
Hi,

Can some recommend a book which illustrates how to pose people for
portraits. I would love a book that would show full body poses and posing
shots outside the studio. I saw a few books that show lots of upper body
indoor type portraits, but they were too focused as such.

I want to learn where, for example a model should keep her hands while
standing. Or, where her feet should be positioned.

I got this book a couple of weeks ago (it's new) and it covers hands and
feet posing extensively. I like it because it shows three or four
incremental examples so that you can see each posing technique getting
better.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1584281707/