Old August 7th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave[_27_]

Default Suggestions for a *simple* point and shoot

Following my questions about where to buy a D3, I now have another issue
- at the other end of the camera spectrum.

I'd like to buy my wife, who is retired, a point and shoot camera, but
she is not at all technical and has a strong dislike of gadgets. Ideally
I'd like something that flashes when it needs to without her having to
make a decision if it needs flash.

I'm looking for something with the least buttons, knobs or other
controls, so she has less chance of getting into a mess with it. I want
something quite compact too, but simplicity is more important than size
or picture quality.

Suggestions?