Old April 27th 12, 07:10 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Kodak bankruptcy (again)

On 2012-04-27 09:13:45 -0700, nospam said:

In article , Miles Bader
wrote:

My cellphone has a great camera (truly amazing considering the size it
fits into), but using an external lcd instead of a viewfinder is
complete misery in many situations...

who said anything about an external lcd?

I mean what every cellphone / pad / ... has: an LCD on the outside of
the unit (as opposed to a viewfinder which you put up to your eye).

to me, that's a built-in lcd. and external lcd is one which is tethered
to the camera and usually much bigger than what the camera has.

The iPad as a camera accessory tethered remote (wireless or usb) has
great potential. For the photographer who wants to carry a digital
portfolio without lugging a laptop around, the iPad is very useful.
http://jesserosten.com/2010/wireless-tethering-to-ipad

Then the ability to move both JPEGS and/or RAW files from camera to
iPhone or iPad via Eye-Fi "Mobile X2" or "Pro X2" SDHC cards when used
with their free iOS or Android App.
http://www.eye.fi/products/prox2

OnOne Software has a free version of its "DSLR Camera Remote" available
via the Apple App Store along with its full featured "DSLR Camera
Remote HD" for the iPhone @ $19.99 or iPad @49.99
http://www.ononesoftware.com/product...camera-remote/

....and there is this;

http://fstoppers.com/how-to-tether-y...t-jailbreaking