Old October 10th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
Michael Bennett

Default Are my photos good enough for me to turn professional?

On Oct 9, 12:35 pm, Thomas Hintze wrote:
Michael Bennett artikulierte sich am 09 Okt 2007 wie folgt:

The link is:http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelbennett

Michael,

just give it a try. Try to sell the material you already have to
i.e. stock agencies, journals...participate in sophisticated
(international) phototgraphy contest. And see what will happen.

If the overall response is positive, and the earned income seems to be
reasonable for you. Do it.

But, aware of (trying) to turn pro just because your wife is loving your
images...the markets needs to buy your photos.

HTH

Greets from Germany

Thomas

Thank you Thomas. I am a bit naive and agree that enetering some photo
contests would boost my confidence and get a sense of interest in
these pictures.

Michael