Old February 5th 04, 11:08 AM
Richard Knoppow

Default Burke & James solar for 5x7??

"CBlood59" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to know if the B&J Solar enlarger can be used

to enlarge 5x7
negatives. Does anyone have experience with this

enlarger?

Curt Blood

I have one sitting on the other side of the room. This is
the diffusion model and will take 5x7. A similar chassis was
used with a combination condenser/diffuser for 4x5. Mine
takes the impossible to find No.301 enlarger lamp the same
as some Elwood models. I had one the condenser enlargers
many years ago. It used a PH 211 lamp. This will take one
but I think the reflector is intended for the larger
envelope of the 301. Solar was a trade name of Burke &
James. These were good quality not very expensive enlargers.
They are set up to take several kinds of lens boards
including 4x5 Speed Graphic boards.
You may have to shim the base to get it into alignment.

--
---
Richard Knoppow