Old August 12th 04, 05:52 AM
tomcas

Default Canon A70 repair

tomcas wrote:
Can anyone tell me the secret to opening up a Canon A70 case in order to
repair a frozen zoom lens. I have removed every screw I can find but I
am unable to remove the back cover. It seems to separate cleanly
everywhere except at the top between the view finder and the mode dial.
Has anyone ever removed the mode dial by simply prying if off? I think
there maybe a screw underneath it but I don't want to break it.

Never mind. The only place the front and back cover are interlocked is
at the top. Pivoting outward on the bottom got it opened. The mode dial
does not pop off. 6 hours later, 4 extra screws, 2 real good jolts from
the flash capacitor, and the dam thing actually works.