Old December 18th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
JimKramer

Default SOS - magenta face??

W Chan wrote:
I am having a somewhat weird problem...

When opening a jpg or raw file in Photoshop Elements 4.0 or Nikon Capture
4.4, I can see the thumbnails showing portraits with skin colour =
magenta...
When in EDIT mode of both Elements and Nikon Capture, I am seeing the same
problem.

When I view the images in Window Explorer (WIN XP), both the thumbnails and
filmstrip view versions show normal skin tone...

When I view the images in Photoshop Album Starter 3.0, the skin tone once
again is NORMAL...

After seeing the problem, I have removed and reloaded my Photoshop Elements
4.0. But the problem remains.

I have tried recalibrating my monitor (LACIE electron blue 19inch) with
sypder 2 software. The problem remains.

When I view web pages, and other windows-based applications, all the colours
on screen seem to be NORMAL....

The only problem is when viewing in Nikon Capture and Photoshop Elements!!

What's wrong??

Any advice please....

Do you have the color space set to sRGB in both programs?