Old December 18th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
W Chan

Default SOS - magenta face??

I am having a somewhat weird problem...

When opening a jpg or raw file in Photoshop Elements 4.0 or Nikon Capture
4.4, I can see the thumbnails showing portraits with skin colour =
magenta...
When in EDIT mode of both Elements and Nikon Capture, I am seeing the same
problem.

When I view the images in Window Explorer (WIN XP), both the thumbnails and
filmstrip view versions show normal skin tone...

When I view the images in Photoshop Album Starter 3.0, the skin tone once
again is NORMAL...

After seeing the problem, I have removed and reloaded my Photoshop Elements
4.0. But the problem remains.

I have tried recalibrating my monitor (LACIE electron blue 19inch) with
sypder 2 software. The problem remains.

When I view web pages, and other windows-based applications, all the colours
on screen seem to be NORMAL....

The only problem is when viewing in Nikon Capture and Photoshop Elements!!

What's wrong??

Any advice please....