Old September 21st 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
cjcampbell

Default Nikon D200 vs. D80

Bill wrote:
"cjcampbell" wrote in message
oups.com...

versatile, ML-3 wireless remote; the D80 uses the tiny, but single
function, ML-L3 wireless remote.

Just an FYI, the D80 also accepts the wired remote from the D70s.

If you like shooting in P mode most of the time and don't fiddle
much
with white balance or ISO, the D80 is a better choice. If you are
out
in the weather a lot, rarely use P mode, constantly adjust ISO
and/or
white balance, change lenses frequently, have manual focus lenses,
etc., then you probably want the D200.

Good advice.

Although how hard is it to press a button and turn a dial to set ISO
or WB on the D80? I use my friends D70s a fair bit and I can change
ISO almost as quickly as on his D200. Certainly faster than I can
change it on my Canon Rebel XT.

Well, not that hard, really. But having switched from the D70 the D200
does seem a lot more conveniently laid out to me.