Old September 13th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default Nikon D200 vs. D80

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
[BnH] wrote:

I have cameras with the speeds above and I tell you I now can bag
sport actions shots with just 4fps camera.
[ I set my D2H just @ 5 fps fyi ]
and a friend that focuses on basketball photography last time bagged
A LOT of good shots of his team playing using the D70.

imho .. just invest some AFS [and really fast AFS .. not those slow
AFS 18-200 ] or fast glass
for your sport shots.

That's why it's totally and utterly foolish to use anything other than a
200mm f/2G ED-IF AF-S VR for basketball photography. Even the high
performer 70-200mm VR struggles under these conditions.

Right, "Rita". When you post cute little jokes like this, some earnest
newbie might even believe you for a few days.

And could you fix your sig., please?

--
John McWilliams

Edmund Blackadder and Baldrick converse:

EB: "First Name?"
B: "I'm not sure."
EB: "Come on, you MUST have a first name."
B: "It might be 'Sod Off'."
EB: "Sod Off??"
B: "Yeah, when I was a young lad playing in the gutter, I used to say to
all the other snipes, "Hello, my name's Baldrick". And they'd say, "Yes
we know, Sod Off, Baldrick"

- Blackadder and Baldrick filling out an application form.