Old September 13th 06, 11:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[BnH]

Default Nikon D200 vs. D80

3 fps vs 5fps ... vs 8fps

I have cameras with the speeds above and I tell you I now can bag sport
actions shots with just 4fps camera.
[ I set my D2H just @ 5 fps fyi ]
and a friend that focuses on basketball photography last time bagged
A LOT of good shots of his team playing using the D70.

imho .. just invest some AFS [and really fast AFS .. not those slow AFS
18-200 ] or fast glass
for your sport shots.

"W Chan" wrote in message
the key attraction of d200 is the faster shutter spead and higher fps,
these
are good features for sports /fast action photography.. i think .

i agree with the investment in lenses as they tend to last longer and a
key
part in getting quality images. cam body does change every 12-18mths...
d200
is a baby d2x, and d80 is a baby d200..

i think nikon is taking advantage of existing expertise, reorganize the
features/functionalities from this/that models and mass produce them... i
think even the retail price of d80 has come down a fair bit but with so
many
features from its peers... , the actual profit margin of d80 may be
higher... (less costs on research and development on new/breakthru
applications.)

i will wait i see a sample d80 and try it and compare. stores shud hv the
camera this week...(in canada).

thks 4 many of your inputs..

w.