Old September 12th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joan

Default Nikon D200 vs. D80

It's lossless compression so it should make no difference to the
images, just the files size and thus how many images fit on the
storage card.

--
Joan

"ftran999" wrote in message
. ..
:
: However, the complicate things further, lurking on the Nikonian.org
site, I
: discovered that the D80 uses a compressed RAW format while the D200
uses a
: non compressed format. What I am going to do is wait awhile for
various
: review sites to do comparisons between the two cameras. I would
like to see
: them specifically address the compressed vs non compressed RAW
issue.
:
: w.
: