Old September 12th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Default Nikon D200 vs. D80

W Chan wrote:

I suppose they are in different class targeting different customers.
However I look at the specs. and find the D80 is really catching up.

I have just sold my D70 to upgrade my gears.

What do you think?

Hmmm, looking at the specs, the D80 actually lacks the D70's electronic
shutter so only 1/4000 sec (not 1/8000) and flash synch 1/200 sec (not
1/500). And it uses smaller memory cards and is a tiny bit smaller than
a D70.

It does have 2 command dials like a D70, not the one of a D50, and it
has an RGB histogram like the D200. It has the mirror lockup and big
viewfinder and LCD of a D200.

It lacks the D200's manual knobs & buttons for; AF & AE mode,
bracketing, WB, ISO, Quality and Function.

It doesn't meter with old lenses but I think it mounts some the D70
won't and it doesn't have as fast of a burst as a D200

--
Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net/1