Old June 23rd 04, 06:10 PM
Dallas

Default Ultimate Stocked Canon Camera Bag (Lens Selection) - LIMIT 6-7 lenses please!

skymuffins said:

So Far, I'm leaning toward

Zoom:
Canon 17-40mm f/4.0
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8

I have no experience with the 17-40, but I lust after the 24-70mm and the
70-200mm. Very good choices, but make sure that you buy the IS version of
the latter zoom - it is noticeably better than the non-IS version.

On the wide side I would go for the 16-35mm.

Prime:
50mm f/1.4
85mm f/1.8
300mm f/4.0

I have the 85mm and while it is a good lens, its only really useful in
very low light conditions where you can't use flash. Your L zooms will be
better in normal lighting conditions.

Don't waste your time with the 300mm f/4. You would be better off buying a
2x converter for your 70-200mm. If you are moving up from ordinary glass
to this lens it will seem great, but when you use the high end glass and
compare, you'll know why I said what I just did.

For me, first choice would be the 16-35mm, then the 24-70mm and the
70-200mm IS. Dunno if they would cost more than $5k.

--
Oh dear. Looks like my signature took off...
Reward offered.