Old June 28th 08, 11:44 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mark Thomas

Default [photos] real macros not taken with 500mm lenses :)

Troy Piggins wrote:
Sorry about the jibe, Rita

Been testing out some new diffusers. These were all taken with
100mm lens and extension tubes, 430EX flash with Lumiquest
Softbox diffuser. Quite happy with the lighting. Yet to test
fully the smaller version Mini Softbox.

http://piggo.com/~troy/photos.php?al...8/img_8359.jpg

My favourite:
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos.php?al...8/img_8361.jpg

http://piggo.com/~troy/photos.php?al...384-mstack.jpg

http://piggo.com/~troy/photos.php?al...8/img_8405.jpg

These are quite exceptional, Troy. The lighting is very good (although
the perfect focus means you have your softbox type and location
beautifully illustrated on each droplet - good for training purposes,
but perhaps a little distracting..!)

Imo, the bonus of that droplet that focuses the background so well,
makes these images a lot more interesting than the usual 'single
subject' macro. Normally I don't like having two things in a photo
drawing my attention but in these it looks very cool, and they are some
of the best macros I've ever seen.

Congratulations!