Old May 4th 09, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Ian Harding

Default Safelight bulbs??

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
The problem I have, is that here in Israel, we have been ahead of
everyone else in energy saving, CFL bulbs have been sold here, and used
by me, since 1997. That's good, but it has caused the demand and
therefore the supply of low wattage incadescent bulbs to dry up.

I use 3W CFL lamps in my beehive safelights. They are supposed to
produce equivalent light output to 15W incandescents. They certainly
seem to produce about the same amount of illumination in my darkroom,
and no fogging problems when used for similar periods of time.

Ian