Old April 4th 06, 10:47 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default $500 reward for identity of image thief

Off topic, in keeping with the entire thread...

"Slim Pics"* posted:
It is probably the closest thing to reality you lot are
going to discover.

So is that directed at everyone on this thread? I'll avoid return
insults. But perhaps you might like to reconsider your approach.
Especially seeing you don't have much of a posting history*, it seems
remarkable that you can make such generalisations. Isn't it *me* that
you are angry at? Why jump on everyone else? Stick to the topic, and
avoid insults. It will be a happier world for all...

It's rather a hoot that you all provide support to someone
who by his own admission stole photos off someones (sic)
website.

Please post where I admitted 'stealing'. I *reposted* his webpages,
after he posted them, made demonstrably false statements, and then he
*withdrew the pages*. I regard that sort of behaviour as
reprehensible. What do you think of it, 'Slim'? If other people do
it, I'll happily take the huge risk of prosecution (grin) again.

From this side of the fence it looks like this group is made up
of idiots

Again, an interesting generalisation. The style sounds eerily
familiar.

who actually believe the wanted person

I'm 'wanted'? Coool!!! Anyone seen the posters??? (O: I'd love a
copy for my scrapbook..

.. has done no wrong in stealing someone elses (sic) pictures.

I refer to the above point. If I 'stole', then so does Google when it
caches pages. So does www.archive.org (Wayback Machine)- which exists
solely for the purpose of reposting old webpages. Is Google also
wanted? Is the Wayback Machine?

Slim, I invite you to explain the difference. We're all ears. Go
visit www.archive.org, and see what they do, then think very hard. And
does your computer not 'steal' images every time it visits a site and
takes the images into a cache? Are you afraid of legal action because
of that? Do you understand any of these concepts at all? Perhaps you
have limited experience in the real world. But reposting (and caching)
webpages happens all the time. I have pages up, and you are absolutely
welcome to repost them, including my old and embarrassing ones (I admit
I once had posted that about 50Mp was needed to equal 35mm film! But
before you laugh, I was talking about Kodachrome 25, and a high quality
50mm lens.. I actually wasn't *that* far out..)

Nice lot of twisted mind (sic) here.

There you go again with the insults. The spelling is eerily familiar
too... Not of course, that I would suggest anything untoward, having
already wrongly thought *Poxy* was Doug... but it is worth noting that
Slim's entire posting history consists of:
- this post
- another where he calls me a troll
- another where he has a go at getting no service when he visits
Bunnings...

That's it. Fascinatingly - and in an amazing, some would say
*extraordinary* coincidence, the 'troll' post happens on a thread
called "Upsample without limits"... Yes, it's all about Dougie's
favourite subject - enlargement. (It was an April Fool's joke that
Slim apparently didn't 'get').

Slim also posts from a Telstra account.. Nothing unusual in all that,
of course, but it's a funny old world, isn't it... (O:

Be interested in your comments on the stealing thing, and the wayback
machine, and Google caching, 'Slim'. And I look forward to seeing lots
of helpful and informative posts from you in the future. Nice to meet
you.

And where *did* douglas go?

(O: