Old December 22nd 03, 05:25 AM
BUFF

Default MINOLTA DYNAX 5 ACCESSORIES

"Raistlin" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Would somebody please point me in the direction of a UK mail order web

site
that supplies/can supply appropriate lens hoods for the Minolta Dynax 5?

Do Minolta do their own hoods and if so is this the best bet or will any
generic hood do the job (the lens in question is/has a 62mm fitting if

that
helps at all)?

In addition, is it worthwhile investing in a Skylight/UV filter for both

of
the lenses that I have (what's the difference between a UV and a Skylight
filter anyway?), if so could someone please recommend a mail order site

that
could supply these as well?

If you haven't bought the lens yet there is a good chance that it will come
with its own lens hood - worth checking on.

Yes, it is worth buying a skylight/Uv filter if only to protect the front
lens element from scratches etc.
far cheaper to replace a filter than a lens.
There are all sorts of qualities (& therefore prices) of filters.
It doesn't make sense to buy an expensive lens & then put a poor filter on
it t nor do you want to spend as much on the filter as the lens.