Old August 17th 15, 03:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Got to used (practice) with Nikon's new 200-500mm lens yesterday

On 8/17/2015 8:38 AM, android wrote:
PeterN Wrote in message:
On 8/17/2015 12:40 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 8/16/2015 7:57 PM, RichA wrote:
Images are embargoed until it's not pre-production. The lens is big, about
14" long and then 20" extended. The build is mid-range, plastic bodied
mostly but the balance is good. It feels like the 80-400mm only longer.
Has a tripod mounting leg on it. Focusing is fast, but I was using a Nikon
D810A so that probably helped. Subjectively, the images are sharp at 500mm
f/5.6 and f/8.0, but I'd rather see them on a computer screen.

Thanks for the heads up.

This lens will have tremendous reach on a mFT body. ;-p You know, with
one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/o33txtp

I wonder how it will compare with the Sigma 150-600 Sport. On a FF. Not
that I can't hold my breath though...

Autofocus?

Ain't there a twisty ring on those thingys? Whatever,
I'm pretty
sure that Sigma supports autofocus on Nikon...

Yes it does. I'm talking about the adopter ring.

--
PeterN