Old June 10th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default Stolen Gear

When we were on the Olympic Peninsula 2 years ago, we watched a young
attractive couple park their car and go off down the hill, probably out
for a jog. A car of 3 young people parked in the area and were hanging
around so we stayed. After a little time, they grabbed a baseball bat
(baseball in the Olympics?) and went off down the trail. We saw a
Ranger and advised as to what we saw. Later, driving back, there was
broken glass in the parking lot and all the cars were gone.

Last year in Maui, there was the occasional car at roadside pulloffs.
One person was usually in the car. The cars were near junk and the
people were dressed unusual compared to the other people on the road
(Road to Hana). Anyway, arriving back to the hotel and reading the
paper, there was an article on car break ins while tourists were
walking some distance from their car.

Be careful out there!