Old April 16th 20, 03:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper[_2_]

Default This Lightroom Bug Could be Costing You Tons of Storage Space

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 18:19:44 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 15 April 2020 04:56:26 UTC+1, RichA wrote:
On Tuesday, 14 April 2020 05:54:31 UTC-4, me wrote:
https://petapixel.com/2020/04/13/thi...storage-space/

Why would anyone use Tiff? Why not just leave the file in RAW format?

I didn't think you could edit a RAW file and save it back as RAW.
I thought TIFF files could be saved with LZW compression anyway.

Those of us who do this understand that the original RAW file is not
changed. It remains wherever is was originally downloaded to from the
camera, and LR "points" to it. After the RAW file is opened in PS,
and edited in PS, the edited version is "Saved As" a .psd, .jpg,
..tiff, or whatever. Both the edited file and the RAW file appear in
LR, but are not "in" LR.

The same RAW file can be opened again, round-tripped through PS with a
different style of editing - including cropping - and saved as yet
another file. The original RAW stays as it is.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida