Old March 6th 15, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Default For Tony, A Non-HDR Studebaker

On 3/6/2015 2:16 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 10:58:14 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

I recall your fondness for Studebakers, and along with your distain of
all things HDR. So I thought you might enjoy this Non-HDR image of a
1932 Studebaker Indy Special Racer.
http://adobe.ly/1Mfq417

Nice shot, but disconcerting because he's driving clockwise on a race
track. Having grown up in Indianapolis, I know that race cars go
around counterclockwise.

I have the same problem in viewing some UK shots of point-to-point
racing. They run clockwise.

Studebakers were made in Indiana up in South Bend, so I probably saw
more Studebakers on the streets than many people who grew up in
different states would have. Also, one of my best friends in college
owned a Golden Hawk.

That was the car we were in one night when we were driving along a
country road and a deer suddenly appeared on the road. The car hit
the deer, the deer rolled across the hood and the top of the car, and
back onto the road. The car had a few scratches on the hood and top,
but no major damage. The deer bounded off back into the woods so we
didn't know what damage was done to it. The advantages of a
streamlined design!

This is one of my more recent Studebaker captures:
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Rusty-...6-10-63-XL.jpg

This one works better in black-and-white, but I never uploaded it to
Smugmug.
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Rusty-...2-15-38-XL.jpg

This one is not a very interesting photograph in itself, but I do like
the note that the owner has in the window. Rather an understatement.
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Rusty-...4-27-10-XL.jpg

Picture #2 is interesting...I didn't know that Studebaker made pickup
trucks?

John