Old October 28th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Ken Hart

Default Need Information on Sabre S+35 Enlarger

"Dave Hunter" wrote in message
Hi All:

A while back, I picked up a small Sabre s+35 enlarger (also labelled "an
R$H Product" in a yard sale. While I realize this is only good for 35 mm
film, I am restoring it as much as I can.

It is missing its negative carrier. From looking at the unit, it looks
as though the original carrier would have been approximately 3"x3", and
the enlarger head has two indexing pins which would insert through the
carrier, one on each side.

Does anyone have a spare carrier for one of these (says he
optimistically and with a truly dumb hope), or more realistically, does
anyone have one of these they could photograph so that I could construct
one...

Also, and chances anyone would have a manual for this ancient toy?

I am just getting back into at least processing my own films, and am
looking for an inexpensive developing tank for 120 mm. and 35 mm. film
as well?

Many years ago, I processed my own films, and now that I have a number
of good 120 cameras (Bronica, Rollieflex, Yashica D) in the collection
and no nearby labs, it is time at least to develop my own film again.

Dave

Over the years, when customers brought me old, odd-size negs, I made my own
neg 'carriers'

Just guessing he Do you think the indexing pins go through the carrier,
or perhaps they position the carrier.(The carrier butts up against them.)
Try cutting two pieces of mounting board stock the size of the negative
carrier stage plus a tb that sticks out the front. Cut a hole in the center
of them 24mm x 36mm. Cut notches for the indexing pins. Cut some index card
stock to fasten to the bottom piece spaced about by the width of the film to
help you position the negative. Hinge the two pieces together in the back.

As for the inexpensive developing tank-- there's this thing called eBay...!
Actually, I have a couple plactic single roll tanks (120 or 1-35mm, the type
where the top reel flange slides down for 35mm) that I wouldn't mind parting
with. If you're interested, email me privately with your zip code, and I'll
come up with a price.

--
Ken Hart