Old October 23rd 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

Default Lith film emulation

On Oct 21, 11:35 am, piterengel wrote:

Hi, becaise it no more possible to find lith film I need to try with a
qute common film to obtain very high contrasted pictures. I have Efke
KB 25 and Rollei PAN 25 at home. Can anybody suggest a developer
to have extremely contrasted subjects? Thanks all - P.

A variety of lith films are available here in the USA. Lith films
are slow orthochromatic films which are processed in well lighted
darkrooms; the same level of lighting used to process Graded Paper.
Any film I'd think would lith process. Panchromatic film processing
would be done in complete darkness. So, slow ortho films are used.
As for developer a very low sulfite carbonate plus hydroquinone
mix will likely work well; does for paper. Dan