Old April 1st 04, 05:07 PM
Gregory W Blank

Default difficulty drum scanning negatives

In article ,
Paul Schmidt wrote:

What are the best films for scanning say one or two brands/types
in each of these categories:
B&W (what's best old tech, new tech, chromogenic)
Colour Consumer films ( what's best Slide or Negative?)
Colour Pro films (what's best Slide or Neagtive?)
Paul

I don't use consumer films only Pro films.
I don't shoot chromogenic B&W film.
At this point I primarily shoot MF &LF
so my experience may differ somewhat
but I agree with David that Provia 100
is one of the best, The kodak E films
are also very good in terms of grain however
I tend to like fuji film for color. As for B&W
I get really good scans from most of my B&W
negatives, mainly because I shoot 4x5 so grain
is a much smaller issue.
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

For best results expand this window at least 6" at 1152 x 768 resolution