Old April 1st 04, 07:21 AM
David J. Littleboy

Default difficulty drum scanning negatives

"Jytzel" wrote in message
m...
I sent some negatives and slides to drum scan to have the operator
claim that negatives show more grain in the final scan than slides. I
used 6x6 Fuji NPS 160, a film has low granularity rating. The other
film I used was E100G slide film. I find it hard to believe the
operator's claim. It seems that he is doing something wrong. What
could it be and how to get the best scan out of my negatives?

I also find that negative materials scan grainier than slide films (although
I haven't tried either of those films). Try shooting some Reala
Konica-Minolta Impressa 50.

Here's a page with a lot of scan samples to get an idea of what to expect.

http://www.terrapinphoto.com/jmdavis/

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan