Old January 28th 21, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

Default (Relatively) affordable, compact medium format 100MP camera

On 1/27/2021 11:39 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 1/27/21 10:03 PM, Neil wrote:
On 1/27/2021 12:10 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
I don't think I'll buy it, but this camera is quite affordable
(and compact) considering it's a 100MP medium format camera:

https://petapixel.com/2021/01/27/fuj...ls-the-medium-
format-gfx100s-102mp-5-axis-ibis-6000/

And it comes with IBIS.

It's even cheaper than the 50MP Sony A1, although of course you
can't compare these two cameras.

I wonder what they mean by "medium format" and "medium format video"?

In the film days, medium format was a 2.25" or 6cm wide negative. Common
sizes (at least common for me!) were 645 (6cm by 4.5cm), 6x6cm, 6x7cm,
and 6x9cm. The film would have been 120 or 220 size. Both are the same
width, but 220 film is twice as long as 120 for twice as many exposures.

Yes, I have a considerable amount of medium format film equipment, and
know what it refers to. I just don't see an analogy with this camera
beyond the aspect ratio of its screen. I doubt that the sensor is 6x6cm
or larger, and the 102mp resolution is well below that of MF film.

--
best regards,

Neil