Old July 4th 20, 05:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Morro Bay -Drone Revisit

On Jul 4, 2020, Brutus wrote
(in ):

"Savageduck" wrote in message
news.com...
On Jul 3, 2020, Alan Browne wrote
(in article ):

On 2020-07-01 22:04, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 1, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

I drove down to Morro Bay today, it was a lot less overcast that for my last trip, so here
here are some of the results of today’s flight around the bay.

First two 180º panoramas, which will be followed later, once it is rendered, by some video
shot at 4K 60fps with a Freewell ND16+CPL filter @ ISO100 & 1/120 SS.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-PnG64Fx/0/c5554fc7/5K/DJI_0006b-5K.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-5bJ8RsZ/0/0291682b/5K/DJI_0008-5K.jpg

Video to follow:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot at 4K 60fps, ISO100,
SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Nice. Tip: edit these down to about 4-6 minutes (tops).

Now that makes sense!

Those files get to be quite fat for upload purposes, and then there is the viewer boredom factor
to consider. ;-)

Savageduck

Another question: what speed is the drone flying at?

For that flight in “Normal Mode” the speed was 23-27 mph (37-43 kph). With a few stops to hover and capture a panorama.

also what is it's max speed in dead air?

From the specs: in “Sport Mode” the max speed is 19m/sec or 42.5 mph, in “Normal Mode” 12m/sec or 26.8 mph, and in “Tripod Mode” 5m/sec, or 11.1 mph.

And does the speed influence the image quality...

It can. However, there are other camera settings which play a bigger part. Consider settings of frame rate, and shutter speed. Then there is the engineering, and software that controls the drone itself to deliver the incredible stability to the camera gimbal.

Many thanks for your photographic adventures...

I try to deliver and share from time to time.

....but this drone, and video stuff is all new to me after a lifetime of stills photography.

Savageduck