Old June 7th 20, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Pano with the MA2 Drone

On Jun 6, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jun 6, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jun 6, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org)
:

On Jun 6, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jun 6, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org
):

On Jun 6, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

I am working my way through some of the features of my new Mavic Air 2
drone,
and the capability of capturing quite usable panoramas might prove to be
one
of those useful features.

Here is my bit of pseudo-suburbia miles from the nearest city.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor...9/5K/DJI_0005-
5K.
jpg

I am still amazed at the IQ from that drone. Even though I can’t
clearly
read the letters on it, I can still clearly see the stop sign in the
middle
of the photo where the two cars are when I zoom way in. Amazing.
No still yet?

I have snapped a still or two.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor...5K/DJI_0014E2-
5K.j
pg

I remain amazed. I realize it’s not intended for this, but have you tried
anything in low light?

With a ½ inch sensor the low light performance is a bit too noisy for me
in the shadows. I tried a dusk/twilight flight, for that the video was OK,
but the stills had everything below the horizon in deep, noisy shadow.

Here is an example of just how bad it can get. I might do better with HDR or
stacked exposure bracket. but realisticall, the sensor is just not up to low
light stills.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor...JI_0002-5K.jpg

Okay - last question, does it shoot RAW?