Old May 27th 20, 03:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Vanek

Default New Toy and Heat wave.

On May 26, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On May 26, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org):

On May 26, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

My new Mavic Air 2 drone arrived just before noon today.

So most of my day has been taken up with battery charging, and firmware
updates. I managed to get out for a maiden flight around 14:00 hrs with the
temperature hovering at 104F (40C). Needless to say the heat drove me to
shorten everything, and the one 4K 30fps 4 minute video I shot was OK until
the midpoint when there was what looked like a ripple running through the
playback. It looked like an imbedded heatwave.

Then I discovered that each of my 3 batteries had to have the battery
firmware updated to match the drone system FW.

Now I am waiting for things to cool down so I can get out for a sunset
flight
a little longer than my first excursion in the heat.

How long does each battery last?

Rated for 34 minutes, but realistically good for 28-30 minutes. I have 3.

That’s better than I thought. How much do the batteries cost? How many come
with the drone?