Old March 29th 20, 07:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,comp.sys.mac.system
Scott Schuckert

Default How to remove Rootkit malware from an Apple computer

In article , nospam
wrote:

In article , David
wrote:

Full Blog article, he-

https://macp

nothing more than a glorified ad for their horrible crapware, plus it
has a number of errors, both technical and formatting.

Not that it matters, but the vest majority of malware people are
calling "rootkit" on the Mac are nothing of the sort. People use the
phrase because everyone on the PC side is scared of them.

And the good news is, the actual incidence of malware (of any variety)
on the Mac is extremely low. Having scanned hundreds of Macintoshes
during my years as an Apple service manager, I only recall two or three
infections, and those were usually leftover, inactive 20th century
stuff.

MUCH more common was damage caused to the systems by crapware utilities
intended to diagnose, repair, or worst yet PREVENT infections. Cleaning
up after things like CleanMyMac made me lots of money...