Old January 14th 18, 10:38 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Eco Clean

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Jonathan N. Little wrote:

Simple with drawing software. I use CorelDraw where it and do tile
printing and n-ups, but not free. A quick look and what you want can be
done in LibreOffice Draw. The function is Tile printing:

https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Print_2

Each complex graphic suite has its own set of GUI-based problems, from the
margins that are enforced to the innuendo in the tiling.

I did try LibreOffice for a few hours but gave up on it, in favor of the
rasterbator method.

Had I originally edited the files in LibreOffice, it would have been more
viable most likely - but I edited in PowerPoint, which doesn't seem to have
a tiling feature.

One caveat with tiling that if the results depend on trial and error,
they're not as good as those that depend on the sheer math, which is how
the rasterbator method works.