Old January 14th 18, 09:38 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Eco Clean

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Mayayana wrote:

It's just an example. The R2880 here defaults to
1440, but it doesn't have to be used that way.
You should have read the rest of what I wrote....

Just for the record, I found a bunch of web pages which said that the HP
Deskjet 6940 printer driver had tiling features, but it didn't work for me.

Here is the procedure if others want to try it.

Open the Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
Click Add Printer.
Press "The printer that I want isn't listed".
Select a Local printer or a network printer with manual configuration.
Select an existing port, keep it as LPT and press Next.
Select HP, then select the HP Deskjet 6940 model from the list.
Note: if it isn't listed press Windows Update and wait severa minutes, then
it will be added.
Follow the steps to complete the wizard and add the printer.
Right click the 8710, select Pritner Properties and open the ports tab.
take a note of the used port and close this dialog.
Right click the 6940, select Pritner Properties and open the ports tab.
check the same port as used by the 8710 and press OK.
Now try printing, within Printing Preferences select the Finishing tab and
set "Pages per sheet and Posters" as you would like.