Old January 27th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eugene

Default Does this look like dust on the sensor

"Alan Meyer" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 27, 7:08 pm, Marvin wrote:

The brightest, in the middle, is at the top of what looks
like a lamp post. There are two more in a straight line, at
about a 10 O'clock angle with that bright lamp. They may be
from internal reflections in your lens and/or camera.

I'm assuming you were outdoors when you took the picture.
If you took the picture through a window, there are other
possibilities of reflections.

That looks like good reasoning to me. The straight line
connecting all the lights, the relatively even spacing, and
the declining brightness makes these look like reflections.

At any rate, I don't think they could be dust spots on the
sensor. Wouldn't dust spots be dark?

Alan

Thanks for the reply's I breathed a sigh of relief when you both say its not
dust on the sensor. Your probably right in your thoughts of reflection from
the street lights.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Eugene